Monday, December 17, 2012

Catchin' Up

Okay, so it has been like forever since I've last posted.  Lot's has happened over the last almost three months.  I figured I'd better update the world on my life before it ends apocalyptically on Friday. 

In October after much praying and pleading to the teaching gods I got a job teaching grade 1-2 at the same school I worked at last year.  This is my first honest to goodness term since I left my position in another school board three years ago.  This is the main reason I have not been posting so much.  I love teaching but it is pretty much all consuming.  My spare time is spent lesson planning and pinteresting teaching ideas.  I love my class, they are cute as heck but grade one is new to me and I find teaching a combined class pretty challenging. I hope this will give me a baby toe in the door of the teaching profession, where jobs are scarce and almost impossible to obtain.

Meeting Place
Christmas Time in grade 1-2


In November I sold some of my stuff at a Christmas show in Lunenburg.  Overall it was a smashing success.  I made a little bit of Christmas shopping cash, spent some time with my BFF and got rid of some of the millions of crafts I had stored in my house.

A very brave little knucklehead I love spent three months in another province undergoing a bone marrow transplant.  I missed him and his mommy very much but am happy to report that all things went according to plan and they are home recovering in the comfort of their own home. 

Also at the beginning of this month my sweetie and I shacked up.  He pulled the old bait and switch on me, after claiming he was only bringing his clothes and like three other items our place was filled with stuff.  We've managed to get somewhat organized and weed through some of our junk and now things are looking a little better.  I am looking forward to this new adventure together.

The Christmas spirit is in full effect here.  We've got a beautiful tree, a gorgeous wreath and lots of retro-y Christmas ornaments and lights.  My shopping is almost done...school is almost out...the girls are all in town...let the holiday festivities begin!



 

No comments: