Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 in Review

2011 was a year of change.  How it ended is certainly a lot different than how it began.  There have been a lot of ups and downs but I know one thing for sure I am closing out this year on a positive note:) 

Without going into too much personal detail I must say I started off the first few months of 2011 feeling pretty down.  I had to come to grips with the idea that something I had sacrificied so much for and invested so much in was beyond repair and it was time to let it go.  It took me a while and lots of mental preparation but I eventually got up the courage to enter into a largely unknown future and I must say I have never looked back. 

I turned 31 and really have never felt so liberated and comfortable in my own skin.  I spent most of April, May and June engrossed in making a home that for the first time in my life truly reflects me and is exactly how I want it.  Some of my most important friendships became stronger during this time and I am so thankful.



I enjoyed a penny pinching summer of relaxtion.  I didn't work very much and that was just fine with me.  When the sun actually shon I spent as much time as possible on my back deck sunning myself and immersed in a book.  On the many days where the sun refused to shine I kept myself busy crafting up a storm.


At the end of the summer I lost one of the most special people in my life, my grandmother and crafty soul-mate.  It once again reminded me of just of fragile and precious our lives are and how much I value the people who have been a part of mine.


I spent a fair bit of this year soul searching about where I wanted to see things go career wise.  I invested a lot of time talking about and thinking about good career options that would fufill my needs both personally and financially.  While, I still don't have things quite figured out on that front I have some options and ideas that I am going to continue to persue.


The year ended with some career karma.  I was let go from a job where I loved my co-workers and built a lot of wonderful friendships but also never felt appreciated by the higher ups.  So, the timing couldn't have been better when out the blue a Christmas miracle occurred and I was offered a teaching position that couldn't be more perfect starting in the New Year.

Things are on the up-swing for 2012 and I couldn't be happier:)

No comments: