Sunday, November 6, 2011

Button Art

If you asked me what my favorite design style is I am not sure what I would say.  I know one thing I definately would not say, and that is country!  I despise country.  Images of burgundy gingham and tole painted everything come to mind and it makes me barf a little in my mouth. So...I shocked myself last weekend when I bought myself this piece of country-fied art for my craft nook.



I just couldn't resist the embroidery, the brightly coloured buttons and the mason jar (I love mason jars!).  The artist is Catherine Otto, is a mixed media artist from somewhere local...I believe when we were chatting she said Elmsdale (sorta near Halifax, Nova Scotia, for any non-locals). She seems to be into buttons, embroidery, sparkles and steampunk.   I really love her stuff, and it's not that country is it?

Here is how it looks hanging in my nook.


2 comments:

kt said...

It's not that bad!

No, really, it's cute. But I was WAY more interested in checking out how your craft-nook is set up. I have serious nook-envy.

janniep said...

My nook is actually my dining room. It serves double duty...but I craft in there way more than I eat in there.