Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Beautiful Rose, A Beautiful Life

It's been a while since I've last posted.  The last few weeks have been hectic and trying to say the least. 

On Friday, September 2nd I lost one the most important people to me in the whole world, my nanny Rosanna (Rose) Frances Carter.  My nan was 86 years old and one of the toughest cookies I have ever known.  In her 86 years she raised nine children, survived cancer, diabetes and triple bypass surgery.  She loved the colour pink, costume jewelry, painted nails, cracking a good joke, playing a game of bingo and making crafts whether knitted, crocheted, embroidered, tole painted or beaded. 

I most definately inherited my crafty genes from my nan and always loved my visits with her when I would look through her creations, we would make things together and she would attempt to teach me how to knit or embroider (skills that I never quite caught onto).  I am so grateful that the past two summers I had the opportunity to spend some time with her down at her craft shack and help her organize and sell her beaded jewelry and crafts. 





Nan, I love you more than every bead in your collection and cherish every moment we shared.

No comments: