Friday, July 1, 2011

School's Out For Summer:)

I have been M.I.A for a few weeks.  Just busy writing report cards and wrapping up the school year.  I am sad to say goodbye to my classes but more than happy to be off for the first summer in three years (save one shift a week at Hamachi).  I can't wait to take two months and relax and recharge my batteries which have been running pretty low.  Although not officially working too much I anticipate that I will be fairly busy.  Since teaching has essentially gone down the tubes (with regard to actually being able to get a job) I will be looking around to see what else is out there and revamping my resume and coverletter and getting those out there.  I also may have a side tutoring gig and am doing some cupcakes for a wedding and a baby shower.  I am going to actually put some effort into getting the things done around here that need to be done (curtains sewn, art on walls etc.) One of my besties is having a pool installed this week so I am sure there will be many hours spent splashing around there and at the beach as well as barbecues and drinkies on my back deck. 

As for today I am going to head out to enjoy the beautiful weather that has finally come our way.  I may check out the Mi'kmaq PowWow happening on the Halifax commons, the Multicultural Festival and some Canada Day Festivities.

Happy Canada Day Peeps!

No comments: