Friday, July 15, 2011

The Max Mackeen Martin Foundation 2nd Annual Golf Fundraiser

It's crunch time!  Last night I got home at about 1:15am after spending a long (but satisfyingly, productive) 14 hours with my friend Krystal (and her mom, stepdad and friend Becky) working on things for the second annual Max Mackeen Martin Foundation golf tournament and fundraiser.   I posted about this amazing cause and family a few months back when they appeared in The Chronicle Herald (a local newspaper).

Max 2009


Jude 2011

It's really hard to work on this and not to get emotional thinking about my little buddy Max.  I am in charge of making the slide show that will be played throughout the day and let me tell you I had a few minor meltdowns while going through the thousands of photos of Max and his little brother Jude.  Such adorable, precious boys.  I  must say I am really proud of my friends for their ability to work through their grief and pain and do something postive.  I'm not sure I'd be so strong.

This year's event is going to be awesome.  We've learned a lot since the innagural year and I have a feeling things are going to go very smoothly and a lot of funds will be raised.  Along with golfing there will be a silent and live auction and musical entertainment by the band The Space Age.  I am excited to get my bid on some of these amazing auction items...sports memorabilia (hockey jersey's signed by the Toronto Maple Leafs, Sidney Crosby etc), amazing dinner/entertainment/hotel packages, golf packages, spa packages, gorgeous furniture, the mack daddy of all bbq's...you name it, they've got it! 

I am looking forward to a beautiful day with even more beautiful people, supporting a cause that I care very deeply about!  Maybe I'll even see you there tomorrow:)

No comments: