Sunday, April 17, 2011

No More Brown Paper Bag!

I have been totally M.I.A. for the last 8 days.  No updates on my bargain hunting adventures, no Fashion Friday, no nothing.  I don't even really have anything for you today.  The reason for my disappearance?  Report cards, planning, field trips to the Discovery Center, moving and painting.  Tonnes and tonnes of creamy, off-white painting.  I have been up to my ears in paint since Wednesday.  My trusty painting partner K and I have spent a total of about 20 hours painting this week.  10.5 of those hours took place yesterday (from 4:00pm-2:30, after I had moved my large furniture) so needless to say I am a little tired.

 After doing three coats of my delicious creamy white colour in my hallway, living room and bedroom I am happy to be switching to a cheery buttercup yellow for my kitchen.  I am also thinking about a nice soft, girly pink for the bathroom, since it already has some lovely pink and mint green floral tiles from the 80's.  I can't wait to post some before and after photos...however I want to wait until everything is just perfect so it may be a while.
I am so happy my new home no longer looks like this!

No comments: