Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bibs and Stuff

In my last post I was preparing for my yard sale. I didn't have a tonne of stuff to sell but I somehow managed to make somewhere in the $70 range. I have a great location for yard sales so I think that attribute to my success. Since then I have been shopping, spending and crafting like crazy. I have a dozen things on the go but almost nothing finished. One thing I did finish (sans snaps) are some baby bibs for an expecting friend. They are as eco-friendly as I could do while maintaining their cuteness. I couldn't find any cute printed, organic fabric anywhere near where I live. So the back of one is organic, unbleached cotton and the other is ticking. Does anyone know of any online shops where I can find cute organic fabric? I am not a super skilled seamstress but I think they turned out pretty cute.

Here is my super old and awesome Singer sewing machine. My mom bought it second hand in the 70's and gave it to me a few years back. It is truly one of my most prized possessions:
The fabric:
Finished Products:

Thanks to Chickpea Sewing Studio for the adorable pattern!


I was at Winner's yesterday and I bought the most adorable cake stand. I love how the ribbon is threaded through. The selling point of this cake stand for me was when I realized I could change the ribbon to match the season/holiday. I have some orange with black polka dots and orange, green, purple, and black ribbon for fall/halloween that I bought and can't wait to use when I make my Halloween cupcakes and cookies.



I have many more things on the go but I think I will wait 'til I have some finished products so I can show you the before and after shots!

No comments: