Sunday, October 16, 2011

A is for Art and Apples

There are lots of times that I wish that I wasn't a sucky photographer.  This is one of those times.  I in part blame my regular 'ol camera...and then I of course blame myself for obviously having no idea what I am doing.  Last night I attended the Halifax Nocturne Art at Night event and was amazed at how this city came to life.  I would love to show you some great pictures of the awesome stuff I saw but you will have to settle for a few shitty ones that don't do it justice.  This was my first year attending this event (which I believe is in it's fourth year) and I was floored with the talent and energy displayed in this city.  I only saw a fraction of what was going on but loved every second of it.  From Samba music, circus acts, gallery exhibits, theatre, interactive art...this event had it all.  It has very quickly moved to the top of my list of things one must do in this city.  I can't even begin to describe the vibe in the city last night...so positive...so happenin'...the city and the event coordinators should be proud!






Today I also had the pleasure of going to the Valley with my girl Ali and had a blast picking a tonne of apples and getting our Halloween pumpkins.  I also love the valley, particularly the town of Wolfville this time of year.  It is just so beautiful!  I can't wait to carve my adorable pumpkin and get to baking some delicious apple treats!  I am sure I will keep ya posted on what I make:)



No comments: