Monday, January 17, 2011

Best of the Globes

In my humble un-qualified opinion here are a few of my picks for the best dressed at the Golden Globes last night.  I know there have been 8 million posts about this and this one is coming a little too late...oh well what can ya do?  I had kids to teach today.

My #1 favorite look of the evening was on January Jones.  She looked stunning in this red Versace dress.
Speaking of globes...I think she should also win the best boobs award.  This lady is smokin'!

I was also loving Natalie Portman's dress by Viktor and Rolf.  I loved how it's flowy-ness showed off her baby bump. 

Not to be out down by her Black Swan co-star, Mila Kunis looked fab in this green Vera Wang number.


Anne Hathaway also looks totally gorgeous in this goldy-bronze, sequined dress by Armani Privé.  I didn't think I would ever say this again but I am totally diggin' the shoulder pads. 
This next one might be a little high school prom-ish but I love it none-the-less.  I love the huge-ness and the sparkly-ness of Olivia Wilde's Golden Globe garb(note my cheesy alliteration) by Marchesa.
Now onto the men.  Generally a tux is a tux but I liked these guy's looks.  Primarily because they stepped out of the box a little.  Robert Pattinson looked handsome in navy Gucci.  Although technically not a black tie look, I think Robert Downey Jr. looked dapper in his grey suite and red tie.



I was happy to see a lot of color on the red carpet.  This probably explains why with the exception of Olivia Wilde all of my choices did not include anything black.  She got picked because what she lacked in colour she made up with sparkles. 

*I am actually now 99% sure after taking a second look at Olivia Wilde that her dress is in fact brown.

No comments: