Thursday, March 11, 2010

30 is the new 20...right?

In just two short days I will be making the transition from my twenties to my thirties. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. On one hand I am of the mind frame that "age ain't nothin' but a number" and on the other I am a little sad because I had envisioned being a little further along in life at this point. I am in a definate transition phase...I have gone from having a full time teaching position to waitressing and subbing. In my head as I was going through school I had envisioned travels to far off lands and a husband and babies by this point. However, such is life. Things don't always work out as planned and all in all things are pretty good. I am in a better head space than this time last year dispite my lack of job security and do have a rather lovely life. I have amazing friends and family and my health...I guess when it comes down to it, that's all that really matters.


I will be spending my birthday at a lovely cottage with even lovelier friends.

1 comment:

Japan-a-lana said...

Happy Birthday, Janet! I was having a little mental panic before I read this. "Everyone I know is getting married! I bet hurry things up!" As long as your headed in the right direction and not just waiting for things to fall into place, I guess, all is a-ok. Your package should arrive a week or two after your b-day. Best Wishes from Japan.