Monday, May 21, 2012

Passion Tea Lemonade Made by Me

A beautiful long weekend is wrapping up and it couldn't have been any more perfect. I started the weekend off by buying a beaut of a bicycle. I can't wait to get my bell and basket:)


I also enjoyed a lovely hike to Cape Split with the boy as well as lots of BBQ goodness.

Today after spending a beautiful sunny day outside I decided to try to make one of my favorite drinks, Passion Iced Tea Lemonade. It was easy and delicious and just as good as when I buy it for around $4 at my favorite over-priced coffee joint.

Here's what I did:
-boiled about 1L water
-added 2 Tazo Passion Tea bags and let steep for 10 minutes or so
-made a simple syrup by dissolving a few tbsps of sugar in about 1/3 cup of boiling water
-let tea cool to room temperature and then stuck in in the fridge
-once cooled I poured the tea uinto a pretty pitcher until about 2/3 full and filled the rest with lemonade (I used Santa Cruz Organic).
-added simple syrup mixture to taste
-then I planned on shaking it up in a cocktail shaker with ice but I couldn't find mine so I just poured it into a travel cup with ice.

No comments: