Monday, October 12, 2009

Giving Thanks

I certainly didn't have a traditional Thanksgiving. There were no turkey dinners but it was still a good one. The BF and I are getting ready to move into our first apartment together so we tried to do some productive preparatory things. We went to the big annual Paderno sale and bought ourselves some grown up pots for our grown up apartment. We also got some baking sheets, salt and pepper shakers, and BF's favorite a "fish flipper" spatula thing. We had Mexican for dinner and injected some Thanksgiving flavour with some Pumpkin beer. One of the beers that I really have been liking lately is the Macauslan's Apricot Wheat. It turns out that they make a seasonal pumpkin beer too. Yum. We also watched Zombieland which I found very enjoyable. All in all it was a good Thanksgiving.



The other day my mom made me take all of my old toys from her house. She is moving into a smaller house and doesn't have room to store them. I don't really have room to store it all either but since she threatened to dump it I figured I better take it. Some may call me a pack rat but I just can't bear to get rid of stuff that holds so much sentimental value. I had a blast looking through all of my old junk. I spent tonight trying to wash the basement smell out of it all. I am going to TRY to select just my favorites to keep. Here are some of the 80's treasure I found:



I see E.T., Strawberry Shortcake and The Muppet Babies, the Get-Along-Gang, A Monchichi, some Cabbage Patch Kids, She-Ras, a California Raisin...oh the 80's!

Here are my Cabbage Patch dolls, Colin and Louisa (their names as determined by their birth certificate). How lucky was I to get twins! Someone loved me:) I am super psyched that they still have their original clothes...minus some socks, shoes, and Colin's pacifier.

My first and most favorite doll ever "Lulu". She has a little voice box and makes baby sounds. I just have to get a battery to see if she still works.

My Hotlook doll, Steff (from Australia). She came a little later...I was probably like 11 or so.

This isn't even it! I haven't gotten my Barbie collection yet. I am sure there will be more pictures of glorious 80's-ness coming soon.

No comments: