Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Biting the Bullet...

Okay so after pondering for several days what I was going to write and what the heck this blog was going to be about I decided just to bite the bullet and write something. No one is reading it at this point anyways, right? For the moment I am going to post just anything I like, or whatever strikes my fancy at the moment.

As far as crafty stuff goes right now I am obsessing over learning how to work with fondant, making some eco-friendly baby bibs for an expecting "green" friend of mine, and using hand-made silicon moulds to make lollipops. I am also considering the idea of opening an Etsy shop to sell all of the things I haven't made yet. I will let you know how all of this works out.

Things that have been keeping me busy:

This past weekend I have attended a wrap party for my ball hockey team "The Kevin Baconators", a wedding, and helped to plan/host a baby shower for the above mentioned friend. It was the totally adorable and eco-friendly. The decor included fresh cut dahlias, a banner made with vintage-y letters (courtesy of All Sorts), vintage baby images, baby facts/quotes, Baby Blues comic stips and baby clothes and toys strung up on a clothes line. The menu included organic corn chowder, yummy bread from the market, kettle chips, veggies and dips, organic chocolates, a plethora of sweets including Martha's sugar cookies made by yours truly (among much more). There was also organic raspberry iced tea, fresh squeezed lemonade, and cucumber and melon infused water. It was all so adorable and delish!

I have started this week off on a productive note and finally got my stuff together and am nearly on the sub list for this school board. Hopefully in the next week or two I can transition from being a full time Hamachi House Sushi slinger back into being a mostly full time teacher. Not having a classroom of my own this September for the first time in five years was a little bit sad for me, but I think making the move to Halifax a permanent one will pay off in the future :)

No comments: